More than 90 days in a calendar year

If you plan to work in Switzerland for a longer period of time, which can no longer be handled via the registration procedure, you must apply for a work permit.

  • 120-day permit
    The 120-day permit can be applied for EU/EFTA as well as third-country nationals and allows multiple entries and exits to Switzerland. This type of permit is preferably used for project assignments, for example
  • Assignment up to max. 4 months
    If a work assignment in Switzerland lasts a maximum of four months and no interruptions are planned, a short stay permit L can be applied for. These permits are not charged to the quotas.
  • Assignments of more than 4 months
    If it is necessary that the assignment lasts longer than four months, a short-term residence permit L for more than four months or a residence permit B can be applied for

back to work permits and international employee assignment